Thursday 16 July 2009

Seagull Cushion.

I just love it when people buy a lovely piece of furniture or ornament and then decorate the rest of the room to match!  My boyfriend's mum ordered a lovely custom-made driftwood shoe rack a few months ago and when I went over to their house on Monday I found it had arrived and that they had a new beach hut themed hallway! I think it looks really sweet (although I don't think the boyfriend's dad would agree!) so when I came home yesterday I thought it might be nice to make something 'seasidey' to go in the lovely bright hallway. I decided on a cushion and I remembered I had the perfect material to use! I bought some lovely seagull fabric from Ikea ages ago to make into tote bags (I'll be making some of those as well) but also realised that 
it would make a great looking cushion cover.



No comments: