Monday 15 September 2008

Another Sale!

Yay! Another sale and my very first British buyer! Until now I've only sold my bags to Americans (and that lady in Norway). So my Safari tote finally sold, I'm glad as it was one of my favourites.

Most of today I've been thinking to myself  'If only I had more money' then I could create all the weird and wonderful things I think about when I'm at work and buy lots of lovely fabric without feeling guilty! I know they say 'you have to spend money to make money' but I really have to save for my holiday next year. The original plan was for me to go to Borneo next year for a month's volunteering work at an orangutan sanctuary but I've put that idea on hold for the time being as it's my mum's 50th birthday in April. I decided I wanted to take her somewhere special as she's had a hard few years so I booked us a trip to Egypt for a week (4 night Nile cruise and 3 days in Cairo). I can't wait the only problem is that I need to save up for it and I'm not doing very well so far!

I was reading one of etsy's featured seller interviews last week and she mentioned that she created her work around a theme or idea using a different one each week. I thought that was a fantastic way to work and thats a concept that I should adopt, it would help me focus my ideas (as I have so many that I never do anything about!) Anyway I am thinking that I could have a monthly theme to create around - obviously next month will be Halloween. 
I'm also thinking maybe over the next few months -

-pirates 
-dinosaurs
-cowboys

But then again I guess I should be seriously thinking about stocking up my shop for Xmas as it's not that far away! Aaarrgh! Where has the year gone! 

No comments: