Monday 17 January 2011

So Much To Say, So Little Time.

Where to start? Well anyone who has been following me on Twitter or Facebook will already know my good news!!! In my real life (when I'm not wasting time on the internet) I work in a branch of the bookshop chain Waterstone's (I look after the craft books, naturally!) and about a week and a half a go I was asked by my manager if I would like to sell my craft stuff in our shop. I jumped at the chance obviously and had a few of my crafty items on display within days (as you can see)!!!


So far I only have on display 13 felt decorations and 4 totes as I'm still undecided as to what sort of items I should sell. For the moment I think it'll mostly be on a trial and error basis, but I will be adding more items over the next few days. Things like brooches, bunting and hopefully if they're finished a new range of book bags, I bought a few sweet little cotton bags which are just big enough to fit a paperback in. They come in such lovely bright colours I had to get one of each, I just need to decorate them now. So I guess we'll just have to see what sells and take it from there.


Also with this new opportunity (and renewed enthusiasm) I decided to try some new designs one that I think has worked particularly well are my Russian Doll totes! I have been thinking about making something like this for a while now as I just adore anything Matryoshka (and Kokeshi) but I guess I've just been too lazy. I made 2 a couple of days ago I think they came out really well and I've cut out the pieces for 10 more in various different fabrics - I may have gone a little Babushka mad but I think they have worked really well and will (potentially) sell.


I have been so nervous about having my craft on display in the shop but all my friends and colleagues have been really encouraging and supportive. Their confidence in me has been rewarded as I sold my first item today (the tote below) which is great as they have only been on sale for 3 days, so even if I don't sell anything else I'm still really pleased (although I hope I do sell more!!!).

Right I guess I should really be heading off to bed now as I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow (mostly sewing Russian dolls).

Happy crafting everyone. xx

No comments: