Thursday 6 January 2011

New Year, New Me (I hope!)

HAPPY 2011 EVERYONE!!!!! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year, I unfortunately had a bad cold and seemed to be surrounded by ill people over the festive season!!! I had really been looking forward to Christmas but it turned out to be a bit of a non event for me, however I can't complain as there are many people out there much less fortunate than I am!! Where has this 'counting your blessings' attitude come from I hear you ask? Well, I haven't made any resolutions this year (I never keep them) but I have set myself a few personal challenges for 2011, one of those being that I would think more positively!! (Another was that I would try not to worry so much although that might be a hard thing stop doing as I maybe just a natural worrier!!!!) Anyway 6 days into the new year and things are pretty much on track, just need to get more motivated in the craft department and I'm sorted!!!


Anyway about my crafting, well there's not much sewing going on at the moment but in November and December I went a little cloud crazy, adorning totes and brooches with fluffy cloudy loveliness! Here are a few examples, I apologise for the quality of the photos, they were a few quick snaps I took with my camera phone (but you get the general idea).



As in previous years, in the run up to the festive period I took my finished craft creations into work for my friends and colleagues to take peruse and (hopefully) buy a little something. This time round was particularly good for sales!!! I sold 4 totes bags, a skully brooch, 2 xmas puddings and a gingerbread man!! That made me a grand total of £52.50 not bad eh? Especially when you take into consideration that I sold all those items to only 4 people!!!!


I'll hopefully be listing my new cloudy collection on etsy soon, I'm just waiting for a nice day so I can take some better photos!!! The weather down here in Portsmouth has been pretty drab for a while now so the lighting never seems right for photography. (It's hard to put a positive spin on that one!)

I've got so many things I'd like to make but I think I'm going to wait until I've got some sparetime to experiment, I've got two week holiday coming up in February, so that may be the perfect time!!!

Happy crafting everyone!!!

No comments: