Tuesday 1 December 2009

What Have I Been Up To?

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a month since I blogged. What have I been up to? What have I achieved? The answer? Not as much as I should have!!!

I haven't been completely lazy this past month, I have made a few bits and pieces (which i will be listing soon) and had a couple of custom orders but overall I haven't been feeling particularly inspired lately (it didn't help that I have been completely distracted reading an awesome series of books).

Here is a few photos of one of my custom orders. I was contacted by a lady in Louisiana who's cousin was having a baby and wanted to decorate the new nursery with a cutesy skull theme. Seems a little unusual I know but I thought it sounded like a fab and unique idea for a baby boy's nursery.


I was asked for two large squishy skull decorations in light blue and black. It was slightly intimidating as I've never made a skull this big before so wasn't sure how they would look but I think they turned out alright in the end.


The other thing my customer wanted was one of my long skully ornaments but in light blue, black and white felt. I had to play around with the colour combinations (usually my skullies are brightly coloured with black eyes and nose) because one of the skulls was going to be black. This was the end result and I'm pretty pleased.


Also this month I also sold four skully and two heartfelt brooches, two totes and two cushion covers. So it was a pretty good month here at CloudberrySkies.

1 comment:

craftyjemima said...

Hi,
I just blogged about your hearts in my Folksy Friday post:

http://craftyjemima.blogspot.com/2010/02/folksy-friday.html

Nerys x